The Children’s Home Society’s Morgantown staff have announced the launch of a new capital campaign, “Help Us Build a Better Future One Child at a Time”, to fund the purchase of new office space, allowing the community-based service programs to expand. The Morgantown location currently offers the following services:
• Foster Care & Adoption
• Independent Living
• Healthy Grand Families Program
• Community Resource Center for families that need immediate assistance
The location proudly serves the following counties:
What They Need:
• A minimum of 10,000 square feet.
• Minimum of 20 office spaces.
• Conference room that can fit a minimum of 30 people.
• Training area for staff and foster families plus healthy
• Reception area that can fit at least two people waiting.
• Laundry room that can fit one washer and one dryer to wash
clothes that have been donated, as well as being used to teach
• Large file room for secure storage of confidential client files.
• Multiple storage areas/closets.
• Multiple bathrooms for staff, clients, and community members.
• Kitchen with pantry space and room for two refrigerators and
a freezer, as well as a place to sit and eat lunch.
• Two private family visitation areas that are large enough for
multiple people with space for games and activities.
• Outdoor area for family visitation.
• Large room for our resource center that consists of donation
items for the community.
• Large room for storage of Independent Living Program
Currently, there are more families in crisis and more kids in need of safe and stable homes than ever before. We want to make sure children have a safe place to rest their head at night and a family eager to greet them when they climb out of bed in the morning. Bringing all of these pieces together is not a simple task, but with your help, we can have the tools to care for children in need.
The Children’s Home Society of West Virginia is a private, non-profit child welfare organization founded in 1896. We provide comprehensive services to children and their families from multiple locations throughout the state. Over the past 127 years, we have been finding homes for West Virginia’s children, and the need for our services has never been greater.
The Children’s Home Society is committed to promoting the well-being of children. This capital campaign is a critical step in fulfilling that commitment and bringing our vision to reality. We thank our supporters in advance for their generosity and belief in our mission.
For more information about the campaign and the needs, please contact Abby Miller at 304.284.0992 or by email at [email protected]
The Help Us Build a Better Future One Child at a Time campaign aims to raise $1,500,000 to ensure that we can move forward with this transformative project. Our hope is that this campaign will not only raise the necessary funds, but also engage our community and demostrate the widespread support for this initiative. To achive our goal, we need the support of the entire community. Every gift, no matter the size, will make a meaningful difference in bringing this campaign to life. Supporters can donate online at the links below or mail their donation to: 11 Commerce Drive, Suite 102, Morgantown, WV 26501
If you would like to donate to the campaign, please use our network for good or paypal options.
Donations to CHS may be made via credit card on-line through Network for Good or PayPal. These sites accept Visa, Master Card, American Express, and Discover and will forward your gift directly to CHS.
***When making a PayPal payment, please use the “Please add special instructions to seller” text box on your paypal page to notify us where you would like your contribution to be noted. i.e., location, program, fundraiser, etc, etc.***
• To donate via paypal, please click the donate button below: